Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 19 - 3rd Stage Day 3 - Damn You Sharktopus!!!!

Oh Degassing process, you sure are taking your sweet a$$ time. I called Advintage today and asked them about why my wine is taking so long to degas. They confirmed it could take 3-5 days. Awesome. I had been concerned about the amount of stirring I was doing. I didn't want to hurt the wine by introducing new air in the mix. They said as long as you stir it and don't splash it, you'll be fine. I also asked them about the lack of oak taste even though the oak chips that were soaking in the PF during the first stage. They said the oak chips are optional but if you want more oak taste, add more oak chips. What a concept huh? I'll remember that for next time.

Anyways, the lady is spoke with had french accent. Yeah, French Canadian to be exact; Quebec. She said this was one of the best wine kits they sell. DING!

I plan to top my wine off with 2007 Cupcake  Cab Sav - Central Coast.


And BTW, thank you wife for dipping into the bottles of cupcake I was planning to top off my wine with.


DAMN YOU SHARKTOPUS!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment