Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 11 - 2nd Stage Day 3 - Heat Wave

Ever since I transferred my wine to the glass carboy, SoCal has heated up. Instead of keeping the heater on, It's now the A/C. Actually I only had to use the AC once. But, the avg temp of the wine has jumped from 71 degrees to a steaming 75.4 which is still within range of the recommended 68-77 degrees. Also, I haven't moved the carboy out of the kitchen. With the carboy on the plastic shelf on the floor, you can move it around fairly easy. So far, everything looks kosher. The wine continues to bubble as does the airlock.

I also forgot to mention that I tasted the wines progress after I racked my wine to the carboy. It tasted less like sweet grape cider and more like the makings of wine. Although still sweet, it had some wine taste without the body; almost like watered down sweet wine.


The wine still hanging out in the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment